Salary Range: $32,011.20 - $42,827.20
This is a skilled position in the repair, maintenance, and diagnoses of needed repairs of a wide variety of makes and models of vehicles and equipment.
This employee must be able to perform preventive maintenance repairs from changing oil and repairing tires to engine overhauls as needed on City vehicles with gas and diesel engines. Employee must be able to work weekends, overtime, and pull twenty-four (24) hour call as needed.
- Skilled in the use and operation of hand tools, power tools and machinery used in automotive repair work
- Ability to obtain a valid Class “B” Oklahoma State Commercial Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to obtain air conditioner recovery license within one (1) year of employment.
- Ability to obtain State inspection license within one (1) year of employment.
- Ability to obtain air brake certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the auto trade.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Physically capable of performing duties in extreme temperature variances. Capable of lifting objects of 50 lbs. at frequent intervals.
- Willing to perform a variety of related work as assigned. Possess hand tools and power tools to perform this job.
One (1) years experience work for City, State or Federal government.
This employee works under the supervision of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor and Lead Mechanic and does not supervise others.