Salary Range: $53,809.60 - $72,051.20
Performs work of a professional nature utilizing skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired prior to assuming the position. The employee is responsible for developing and implementing a positive customer relations strategy and promoting a positive customer experience for those who interact with the City and its related agencies. This is a Department Head level position that will work with all departments to proactively identify and mitigate adverse customer service procedures and to resolve escalated customer service concerns, while also serving as a resource for the Mayor and Council and senior management.
- Responsible for devising a city-wide customer service strategy and integrating this strategy with the City’s overall marketing efforts.
- Ensures that customer experience is prioritized while not sacrificing important financial, regulatory or redevelopment priorities.
- Develops and delivers regular customer service training for customer-facing employees.
- Identifies trends and works to determine whether policy, staffing or process changes can be implemented to improve overall customer service levels.
- Works directly with Utility Billing. Municipal Court, Code Enforcement, Permitting, the Community Center and other functional areas having direct customer interaction.
- Develops and revises forms, signage and informational materials to better achieve customer service goals.
- Working environment is primarily indoors in a climate-controlled office, some exposures to outdoor weather conditions may be necessary as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible experience in a customer service oriented setting.
- Knowledge of basic administrative skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to prepare and present reports in a clear and concise manner, including charts and graphs when required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees of the City as well as citizens, contractors and other professional contacts.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Driver license with a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, maintaining tact and diplomacy during potentially hostile situations with irate customers.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Deputy City Manager.
Does not regularly supervise employees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Management or related field.
- Experience with one or more of the following: 1) utility or public service billing office, 2) municipal court clerk operations, 3) municipal permitting and/or inspections, 4) nuisance code enforcement, 5) public recreational facilities.
- Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Deputy City Manager.
- Does not regularly supervise employees.