Posted: March 16, 2020
Press Release on COVID-19 State of Emergency
On March 13, 2020 President Donald Trump announced a National Emergency as a result of the Corona Virus (COVID-19). On March 15, 2020, Governor Kevin Stitt issued a State of Emergency for the State of Oklahoma. As a result, On March 16, 2020, Del City Mayor Floyd Eason has issued a Declaration of Emergency. The City of Del City has implemented Emergency Protocols and we are taking a proactive approach to protect the community and our citizens. The City of Del City is putting our Emergency Operations Plan in Effect. All actions taken by the City at this point are precautionary in nature. As of today’s date there are no confirmed cases of Corona Virus (COVID-19) in Del City.
All core city functions, such as Police and Fire Department Services, Sanitation, Water, and Sewer will continue with some minor modifications. These modifications are as follows:
- Access to City Buildings will be restricted to only essential functions.
- City Council Meeting will still be held and televised, as scheduled, on Cox Cable Channel 20.
- City Utility Accounts can be paid at the drive-thru, online, and in the drop box located at City Hall.
- Permit submissions will be done through the utility billing dropbox or by emailing email@example.com.
- Housing Inspection will be done on a case by case basis.
- Temporary Occupancy permits will be issued but they must be renewed in 30 days.
- All garage sales will be suspended for 30 days.
- All residential contact with Public Works Personnel will be done at the front door/screen door of the residence.
Other Del City Facilities
- The Del City Community Center and Library will be closed for the next 30 days.
Police and Fire Departments
- The Police and Fire Departments will continue to respond to calls with a modified response or increased protective measures.
- All tours and public education at the Fire Department are canceled for the next 30 days.
- The Fire Department will not see citizens at the Fire Station for any treatment or assessment.
- Contact your personal physician if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, not the Fire Department or 911.
- The Police Department will not be holding any Neighborhood Watch Meetings, SALT Council Meetings, or any other non-essential gatherings at the Police Department.
- Municipal Court is canceled for the next 30 days. If you have a court date within the next 30 days you can call (405) 671-8846 for a new court date. Fines can be paid online.
Oklahoma State Dept of Health: coronavirus.health.ok.gov
Oklahoma City/County Health Dept: COVID-19 Call Center 877-215-8336
Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
Facebook Small Business Grants Program https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants?ref=eml
National Retail Federation: Coronavirus Resources for Retailers https://nrf.com/resources/retail-safety-and-security-tools/coronavirus-resources-retailers
NFIB: Small Business Resources https://www.nfib.com/content/analysis/coronavirus/latest-on-coronavirus-from-nfib/
Bradley Rule, Major
Public Information Officer
Del City Police Department
- March 16, 2020 Press Release on COVID-19 National Emergency
- Del City Local Emergency Proclamation
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- Retail Strategies During COVID-19
- Symptoms Chart
- Mid-Del Schools Meals
- Emergency Proclamation 3-20-2020
- City Operating Status
- Essential Business - Dept of Homeland Security
- Gov. Stitt Executive Order
- Gov. Stitt Order March 29, 2020
- 30 Days to Slow the Spread
- Municipal Court Order for COVID-19
- 4-23-2020 Press Release
- 4-23-2020 Mayors Proclamation
- Phase 1 Opening - May 1st