Department of Job Listing:
Salary range $23,566.40 - $31,574.40
- This is a responsible skilled work of a mechanical nature in the maintenance of the sewer system. Employees in this class have the responsibility for the operation and general maintenance of the collection system maintained by the City. Work is performed with some latitude for the use of independent judgment in some work methods and procedures while carrying out the maintenance on the collection line.
- Maintain sewer collection system and related facilities.
- Responsible for all material and equipment related to the duties of Sewer Line Maintenance.
- Drives maintenance truck and may be assigned to operate equipment such as, but not limited to, backhoe, ditch digging machinery, rodding machine, jet flusher, water pumps and jackhammer.
- Assists in training of new employees in proper work procedures as directed.
- On call nights, weekends and holidays in case of emergency.
- Repair, unclog and install sewer lines and repair manholes.
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned by the Sewer Line Maintenance Supervisor and/or Crew Chief.
Minimal Acceptable Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain a Class “D” Wastewater Operators License from the Oklahoma Department of Health within six (6) months of employment and be able to obtain a Class “C” Wastewater Operators License prior to any further promotion.
- Ability to perform strenuous labor tasks under varying weather conditions, temperature extremes and work long hours.
- Ability to operate equipment such as backhoes, ditch digging machine, rodding machine, water pump, jet flusher and jackhammer and performs operator level maintenance checks of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, fellow employees and administration.
- Ability to assist in training new employees in proper work procedures.
- Ability to understand and transmit oral or written instructions.
- Ability to complete forms and work orders.
- Ability to perform basic math computations accurately.
- Ability to obtain a valid Class “A” Oklahoma State Commercial Driver License within six (6) months of employment and have a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to pull call on nights, weekends and holidays in case of emergencies.
- Ability to lift, push or pull objects over fifty (50) pounds at frequent intervals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in construction of pipeline operation.
- Experience in wastewater collection system.
- Experience in plumbing.
- Experience with all types of light equipment.
- Class “C” Wastewater Operators License.
Supervision Given and Received:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Sewer Line Maintenance Supervisor and/or Crew Chief; however, is required to exercise some judgment in performing installation and maintenance of wastewater collection lines and make repairs to equipment and machinery.
- May instruct new employees as directed by the Supervisor or Crew Chief.