Salary Range: $39,603.20 - $53,081.60
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is a division head responsible for the operation of the fleet maintenance shop and the City's warehouse. Supervision is exercised over skilled and semi-skilled workers in the maintenance of all City vehicles.
- Communicates policies, procedures, methods, and techniques to mechanics, service porter and warehouse technician.
- Recommends personnel actions; enforces department rules and City regulations.
- Keeps vehicle maintenance records of service performed, as well as parts and materials used.
- Operates the City's fuel island computer.
- Inputs maintenance schedules, repair work and preventative maintenance inspection.
- Oversees mechanics’ work schedules and on-call mechanic assignments.
- Prepares and monitors annual budget and manpower estimates for the Division.
- Thorough knowledge of the use of hand, power shop tools and equipment applicable to the repair and maintenance of City vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose defects in auto and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Good communication skills with others.
- Ability to set work schedules, supervise shop work, and inspect completed work.
- Ability to operate computerized fuel control systems.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma State Commercial Driver's License and a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Insures all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), OSHA and State Department of Health rules and regulations are complied with.
- Ability to inspect City contracts and projects in their area of expertise.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of accredited technical institution in the automotive mechanic field.
- Five (5) years as journeyman mechanic.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Computer (CRT) experience.
- Skill in verbal and written communications.
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is under the direct supervision of the Public Works Director and supervises all subordinate personnel in the Fleet Maintenance Division.